Caroline Yu Maurer
Head of Greater China Equities
Based in Hong Kong
Caroline has been leading the Greater China Equity strategy within BNP Paribas Asset Management since July 2015 and has been working within the financial services industry since 2003.
She and her team won three awards at the Benchmark Fund of the Year Awards 2019:
1) House Award Greater China Equity (Best-in-Class) in Singapore,
2) Caroline won the title of “Manager of the Year” for Greater China Equity in Singapore,
3) Caroline won the title of “Manager of the Year” for Greater China Equity in Hong Kong.
In 2019, her team won additional awards from:
1) Insurance Asia News, Institutional Asset Management Awards 2019 as “Best Equities Manager of the Year – Greater China Equities”,
2) The Asset’s “Triple A Awards 2019” as “Fund Manager of the Year”.
And in 2020, the team was awarded:
1) The Best Fund Provider – Greater China Equity award, from Asian Private Banker 2020 – “7th Asset Management Awards for Excellence”,
2) And again, the Insurance Asia News, Institutional Asset Management Awards 2020 award as “Best Equities Manager of the Year – Greater China Equities”.
Prior to joining BNP Paribas Asset Management, Caroline worked at Henderson Global Investors in her last three years as the Lead Portfolio Manager for the Henderson Horizon China Fund. The fund was awarded the 2015 Lipper Fund Award for Best Fund over 3 Years for Equity Greater China, and was consistently ranked in the 1st quartile by Morningstar (EEA OE China Equity Category) in each of the three years from 2012 to 2014.
In addition to her expertise in investment management, Caroline brings valuable experience and insight from her prior roles as a Financial Analyst with General Motors China and a Business Analyst at Prosys Solutions and corporate finance manager at Elementis PLC in London.
Caroline was born and raised in China. She holds a Master of Business Administration degree (majoring in Finance) from the London Business School. She has a Master of Science degree in Business System Analysis and Design from the City University in London. Caroline is a CFA® charterholder and a member of the United Kingdom Chartered Financial Analyst society.